First off, what gives you the right to define what "cool" or "nerd", or any other of these slang words mean? It's almost as though you own Urban Dictionary! "cool" doesn't mean MCR, Shakira, or otherwise "b@nds 1 h@pp3n 2 lyk3", it merely is a reference to an entity, whether it be an object, activity or pop idol, which is generally considered to be part of a trend by the majority of young people. It has nothing to do with what you like; get that stupid foolish thought out of your head. What you like has nuts to do with what's known as "cool".
Similarly, you can't just go ahead and label someone "nerd" as you like, because it's a bloody stereotype. Lumping people together in groups without considering each individual's merit is an extremely fallacious and dangerous thing to do. You may think someone's a nerd, and proclaim it if you want. I'll defend to the death your right to say it. But freedom of speech is NOT EQUAL TO FREEDOM OF INTENTIONAL IDIOCY AND STUPIDITY.
I reiterate.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
||
---
||
FREEDOM OF INTENTIONAL
IDIOCY AND STUPIDITY
||
---
||
FREEDOM OF INTENTIONAL
IDIOCY AND STUPIDITY
That means, despite being able to speak your mind, if you say something INCREDIBLY STUPID, then be prepared to be flamed all the way to Hell and back on a two-way train ticket.
For some reason, I'm going off on a tangent on freedom of speech, so I'll try to move back.
Hence. I don't have to take your bullshit from you. You call me a nerd, fine. I admit the amount of time I spend in front of the computer could be considered to be more than average. But you're completely ignoring the fact that I could possibly have other hobbies that are completely unrelated to computers at all. For example, I'm particularly interested in music, linguistics and design, and plan to pursue these courses the first chance I get in university. And yet, you continuously disclaim what I say, as though your word is absolute.
A weak ending, somewhat. But I'll try harder next time.
For some reason, I'm going off on a tangent on freedom of speech, so I'll try to move back.
Hence. I don't have to take your bullshit from you. You call me a nerd, fine. I admit the amount of time I spend in front of the computer could be considered to be more than average. But you're completely ignoring the fact that I could possibly have other hobbies that are completely unrelated to computers at all. For example, I'm particularly interested in music, linguistics and design, and plan to pursue these courses the first chance I get in university. And yet, you continuously disclaim what I say, as though your word is absolute.
... And the trendwhore addressed the awed onlookers, and proclaimed "Hence shall my word on trends, nerds, bands, idols and the like be absolute, for thou art not worthy. Hear me! For those faithful followers of the trendwhore such as thine shalt receiveth the glory and power due thee. Condemned forever be those that oppose us, and damn them!" And the crowd cheered.
A weak ending, somewhat. But I'll try harder next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment